Tuesday, March 15, 2011

"Sure I'll Poke You" he says

Hubby and I went to the RE today to meet with the nurse for training on the shots.  They aren't nearly as intimidating as I thought they would be.  She started to give us a rundown of how they work and had to leave the room for something.  While she's gone we're talking about how this may not be as hard as I thought and just as she starts walking in again my dear husband says "I'll poke you as many times as you need, do you want me to poke you in the butt?"  I was MORTIFIED!  Needless to say, the price of my dignity is apparently the $40 it costs to get shot training at my RE's office.
And for my girl Doozie let me share this story for you:  Backstory - I live about 9 hours from my family.  My parents, up until about 3 years ago my parents lived overseas, they retired and moved back to the states.  Supposedly to be closer to my sister and I.  My sister only lives about 2 hours from them.  Since they've been back in the states my parents have come here twice.  I've asked them to visit more and hinted that it's really not fair to always expect us to come to them (they don't know we are ttc but I'm trying to lay the groundwork for when we have a little one)  My mom called yesterday and left me a voicemail saying she's thought about it and really doesn't think it's fair to her horse for her to board her and come down here for a week so they probably won't be coming down here anytime soon.  Seriously?  HER HORSE?

No comments:

Post a Comment