Saturday, March 12, 2011

A Step in the Right Direction

We met with our RE again last week and she agreed, injectables is the appropriate next step.  We actually decided to do a combined protocal, Femara & Follistim.  I questioned her quite a bit about how many follicles would cause her to cancel the cycle and she thinks I probably won't produce more than 3 follicles since Femara only gave me 2.  She thinks, since 2 wasn't getting it done that I wouldn't be at any risk for high order multiples unless I had 6 or more follicles.  DH and I have been talking about this a lot and decided that, of course, for health and safety one baby is ideal but if we had to, we'd love twins.  It's the idea of more than that that really freaks us both out.  So, we go back Tuesday morning and DH gets to learn how to give me shots.  He better not enjoy it....
It looks like we'll start next cycle sometime around the 27th.  We'll have to do a couple more ultrasounds to make sure everything is progressing like it should and we still need to pick a new donor (I'm still holding out hope that our bank will reopen and I can talk DH into going back) but things are moving along well for our New Years baby :-)

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad to hear your RE is moving along with treatment options and I really hope this new plan is the trick for you. I don't have to tell you, it can be so frustrating to do so much trial and error (not to mention, expensive!). Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete