Friday, May 20, 2011

Manhattan Cryobank

I finally heard back from Manhattan Cryobank and they are not honoring their refund policy.  They are saying that the low count isn't low enough to qualify for the refund.  They are blaming the prep/count methods of my lab for the low numbers saying the vial wasn't really that low.  I told them that my last donor had counts of 65+ million from the same lab they are saying didn't count the sample correctly but they don't care.
Apparently they guarantee 10 million per IUI vial (20 million per ml but each IUI vial is only about 1/2ml).  He went on to explain that there is a 30% variance per count that depends on the lab tech, the drop they select from the sample and their count method and that they really only offer the refund/replacement vial if the counts are below 7 million (to allow for the 30% variance).  Funny, nobody ever bothered to tell us that when we asked specifically what counts they guarantee.
After a lot of back and forth I finally said 'so basically you aren't going to offer any refund/replacement for this vial' and he said no, that it is their opinion that the vial met their guarantee.
I have no idea what we are going to do now.  I feel completely taken advantage of.

3 comments:

  1. :( Oh sweetie, I'm so sorry. That totally sucks and they should've been more forward about their REAL criteria for their guarantee. I bet DH is really upset too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. However, if you can bear it, I did see that MW is supposed to be reopening soon; just in case that helps your decision at all. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Steph - I've heard that too, but I haven't been able to get ahold of Vickie to confirm anything yet. With all the stories about that place I'm not getting my hopes up until it happens.

    ReplyDelete