Monday, August 12, 2013

And we have ourselves a blueberry

Finally, after a wait that seemed like an eternity, we had our ultrasound this morning.  Our pregnancy has been uneventful thus far (except me running to the bathroom every 5 minutes to check for blood).  We've been trying to take this day-by-day and not get our hopes up but I go back and forth between convincing myself this is going to end like all the others and picturing our drive home from the hospital with a baby in the backseat.
What we found today was one healthy baby measuring right on target (I'm 6w6d and the baby measured 6w5d) with a heartbeat in the 130's.  we reviewed everything with our RE and after a little nudging from me (and our ultrasound tech) he's agreed to let me come back in next week for another scan.
We are cautiously optimistic and are simply focused on taking it week by week, but today was a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment