Thursday, April 25, 2013

Five possibilities

Depending on how you look at it there are a handful of reasons that could explain why our baby died.

You could say there is something physically wrong with me that testing to date hasn't identified.  This is my second 'late loss'. I was 22 weeks pregnant when my son was born in 1997.  He was born alive but passed away about an hour later due to his prematurity.

You could say the MTHFR mutations caused this.  My inability to process folic acid well could have caused a neural tube defect that caused the baby to die.

You could say that I wasn't producing enough progesterone naturally, the baby died within days of stopping the progesterone injections.

You could say there was a genetic issue with the baby

You could say we just had really really bad luck.

We can correct all but the first and the last reason.  They all sound like perfectly logical reasons but none of them are the obvious reason we were looking for.  Because of this we've decided to put our faith in our doctors and God and give this another try.  We've told our clinic we are ready to try again and are officially waiting for a match.  Please keep us in your prayers.

2 comments:

  1. Prayers! I'm so sorry about your losses. I had no idea about the 97 loss. Losing babies is terrible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you as for you as you move forward. {{{HUGS}}}

    ReplyDelete