Saturday, April 2, 2011

Filling Time

When you spend your time taking meds, going to appointments, scouring sperm banks for possible donors, taking you temperature, reducing your caffeine intake, searching the internet for ladies on the same schedule and/or med protocol as you, and over analyzing every little 'twinge' you feel for the two week wait it kinda fills your day.  Forget being a model employee, you're lucky to get thru infertility treatments with a job.  I work in a creative field and I'm barely meeting deadlines much less producing anything inspired.  So, when circumstances make you take a break, even for a couple weeks you suddenly find yourself with a lot of time on your hands.  Stress makes me clean and infertility treatments made us poor so filling my day with an already clean house and not a lot of spending money has been interesting.
I now have the most highly organized closet on the block.  When I wasn't spending all our money on infertility I was spending it on clothes, shoes and purses.  All these things are now organized in a way deserving of them and I'm proud.  Shoes, stored neatly in their boxes sorted by knee high boots, booties, closed toed heels, sandals, open toed heels and flats.  Shirts sorted by both color and sleeve length, pants by color, capris by color, skirts by color and dresses by, you guessed it, color.  Sweaters are neatly folded and sorted on the shelf above the hanging shirts.  Purses organized by style and color on the shelf above the pants.  Bookends help keep the slouchier bags standing.  For the big hobo style bags I purchased hooks that DH swears he's going to attach to the wall sometime today for them to hang from.
Who knew organizing the clothes that stress eating and fertility drugs made too small could bring me so much joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment