Thursday, April 14, 2011

Law of Averages

The law of averages says that if you swing at enough balls, sooner or later you'll hit one.  Let's hope the same can be said for baby making because DH is nearing the end of his rope.  The last couple of weeks have almost been 'normal' for us.  We didn't get to insem this cycle because of the estrogen problem and it looked like I ovulated early so things have been pretty drama free in our house.
I am not someone my friends would describe as laid-back.  I'm high strung and a worrier by nature.  Just imagine what a treat I am when hopped up on baby making hormones.  (After going thru all this I'm pretty sure DH will never leave me.)  When the hormones start raging I can see myself bring the crazy, I just can't stop it.  The closer we get to next cycle the more DH starts talking about putting project baby on indefinite hold if this cycle doesn't get us a bfp.  I know he's frustrated, I'm frustrated too but as hard as it is for me I have the love and support of a man that isn't a hot mess of hormones.  He gets the short end of the stick every cycle.
I can't let myself think about giving up on becoming a mother.  Every time I try to get my head and heart ready for that idea it ends in tears.  I don't really respond when he makes these comments, I know he's trying to gently prepare me for the idea but I just can't deal with it.  I have to go into every cycle knowing that this is going to be the one that works, I have to be positive.  I know it's selfish and probably harder on our marriage than it should be but I just have to hope that we'll get our baby this next cycle and all this worry will be for nothing.  After all, that law of averages has us due for a win soon, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment