Sunday, April 17, 2011

Will clean for karma

I have quite a bit of vacation time that is supposed to expire on the anniversary of my hire date at work in a couple months.  It's not practical for me to simply take two weeks off so the compromise is I am taking every Friday off for a while and they are rolling the remainder into next year.  Having an extra day off to obsess over all things baby isn't really in my best interest but neither is losing my vacation time.  So, I'm trying to fill that extra day with productive activities that will take my mind off this process.  This Friday I had a bunch of errands to run and planned to meet a friend for lunch.  Well, my errands were done by 11 and lunch was done before 2.  I got home and decided that sitting in front of this computer searching the internet for 3rd IUI success rates was not an efficient use of my time (plus I think I've read everything out there already).  Instead I decided to clean, I started in my bathroom and by the time I stopped I had cleaned/mopped/swept/vacuumed the entire house (except DH's restroom - I draw the line on scrubbing toilets I don't use).  I even did 5 loads of laundry and cleaned out the fridge.
Getting all that done is making the rest of the weekend drag on a bit.  DH and I got up early yesterday and went to the first farmers market of the season, got a couple groceries and I sent him out to play with his friends while I caught up on the happenings in Port Charles (thank God ABC didn't cancel General Hospital too!) I made a big fancy dinner and got rewarded by DH with a trip to the new frozen yogurt place for dessert.
So now it's not even noon on Sunday and I just got done reorganizing DH's closet (by type and color or course) and I'm trying to figure out if a Costco run is necessary or just me trying to fill time.
I did find out yesterday that I won't have any trouble filling my time the entire month of June.  I've been selected for federal jury duty so I have to call every night after 5 to see if I have to be there the next day.  How the heck am I supposed to keep work appointments with this hanging over my head?  Why couldn't this have happened while we were TTC, at least then I'd be distracted.  We'll already be pregnant in June (I'm staying positive) and will no longer need this distraction.

No comments:

Post a Comment