Tuesday, February 22, 2011

This better come hand delivered

After a bunch of stress we've decided on moving forward with Manhattan Cryobank.  Keep in mind shipping charges from our old bank were $75.  How on earth can this place justify a $205 shipping fee??? I'm still waiting on confirmation that that includes the handling fee and the tank rental.  If not, I may just lose it.
One vial with shipping was only $70 more than their shipping fee alone.  This is going to be a huge adjustment if we have to try again...  IF $205 includes those other fees it will cost me $520 for one vial.
DH and I have talked about asking our doctor to get a little more aggressive if this cycle doesn't work.  We've produced two follicles both cycles on Femara and if this one is negative too I'd like to get her increase the meds to hopefully produce 3 or 4 follicles.  I don't want to be Octomom but I do want a BFP.  Everything I find on the internet indicates that the counts at this new bank are much lower than Midwest was so if I can produce more eggs maybe it will offset a lower sperm count and we'll finally get pregnant.

Tomorrow puts us one week into the two week wait.  I'm really hoping I make it to next Monday without testing but I don't trust myself and I doubt I'll make it thru the weekend.  I just really never want to see another negative test, they are SO disappointing.  I have been better and trying not to read into every little twinge and try and convince myself it is some kind of pregnancy symptom which has helped.  Plus I don't have the added stress of  all hell breaking loose at the sperm bank like last month, I've been much more relaxed and that has to help.

I'm going to try and take a 7 day nap... wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment