Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Mix the good with the bad

Today had a little bit of good and a little bit of bad, it could definitely have been much worse.  We went in for an ultrasound this morning and had two very promising follicles, one on each side.  There was even a third smaller follicle but not likely big enough to contribute. The ultrasound tech had me worried for a little bit that we were risking triplets.  We are so excited and confident about these two great follicles this month.  If our donor has numbers like he did last month we should be in great shape.
The bad is the ongoing frustration with our sperm bank.  I made several attempts to call Joanne today and find out the the heck is going on over there but only ever got her voice mail.  Tonight I wrote her the most ballsy email of my life and basically asked her to tell the owners that unless they had been banned from legally shipping or there is some kind of question about the safety of my vial I expect them to ship and if they don't we'll be pursuing legal action.  I hope this gets resolved soon.
In the mean time we are pursuing other banks and I hope to have a backup plan in place.  The backup plan is contingent on our current sperm bank actually refunding our money and there is some question about whether they are actually going to do that or not.  If they don't we will have to sit out at least one cycle to save enough money.  Both of the other banks we are looking at are significantly more expensive.
This whole process sucks but we are determined to relax this cycle and keep a good attitude that this is the one. Once we have our baby all this drama will be worth it.
We are schedule for our IUI tomorrow at 9am.  I'll log in tomorrow and post our donors counts. For now, I'm going to relax and try to shake off all this drama and stress.

No comments:

Post a Comment