Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Trying to find Zen

I've spent the last 36 hours compulsively checking my bank account to make sure they charged me for my two prepaid vials.  About 4 this afternoon the charge finally posted.
 This morning I had myself pretty worked up.  On a whim I took my basal body temp (BBT) looking for a clue if we were pregnant or not.  When we first started this process I temped religiously and charted everything on a website that helps you interpret the temps.  I got pretty good at knowing what a good temp dip at ovulation looked like and what my pre and post ovulation temps looked like.  Well, I haven't really taken my temp much in about a year.  It's tedious, you have to temp before you get out of bed and you have to temp at the same time every day, which means you have to get up early on the weekends (or at least wake up enough to stick a digital thermometer in your mouth and then search through the pillows and your hair to find it when you wake up for real)  I temped long enough to get a good handle on my cycle and stopped.... until this morning... My temp was pretty low this morning, which usually means I'm gonna get my period either today or tomorrow.  By mid-morning I had myself convinced that this cycle didn't work and the sperm bank we are using lost my order for prepaid vials and we're gonna have to sit out next cycle too. By early afternoon I lost all perspective.  I was too busy having my own pity party to realize fact that the temp variance is probably because I haven't temped much lately, it's cold outside and DH works nights now so he's not laying next to me keeping me warm anymore. I am only 11dpo and only using cheap internet tests so I'm not admitting defeat yet.  I gave myself a little pep talk and I'm hoping for the best.

Oh - and if you're keeping count, DH has gone to Kroger two more times... I think he's decided surrender is the best way to deal with a crazed hormonal wife.

No comments:

Post a Comment