Saturday, February 4, 2012

Write it down

Back in September hubby and I sat in the parking lot to the local mini-golf place waiting for my niece to get there for her 8th birthday. We had a little time so we made a list of our wants. Our realistic wants not dreams like a 5 karat Tiffany diamond but things like a new flat panel tv for the bedroom, etc. Since September we've already knocked off about 75% of the things we wrote down that day. Simply writing it down gave us a goal and when one of us worked a little overtime or something we bought something off our list instead of blowing it on eating out or something frivolous.
The thing about this that makes me happy is we are about $2,000 worth of stuff, a new car and a baby away from having everything we want. I wonder how many people can say that? I know people probably see things about my marriage that they think they wouldn't like but I can say without reservation that my husband is my best friend and I believe our relationship one I wouldn't trade for anything.
I'm about two weeks away from having what I hope is my last period for a while. We finally picked a new donor and got our paperwork in order so we should be ready to go. I'm going to stay positive if it kills me. I added 'have a baby' to our list of stuff and I can't wait to move it to the 'done' list.
For now I'm going to go curl up next to my husband and enjoy what I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment