Friday, February 17, 2012

Day One

Today is day one of my cycle. I know it's weird but I was actually happy to get my period. I called my RE's office and they got me scheduled to come in Sunday morning at 8am (yuck) and get bloodwork and an ultrasound (super-yuck) We'll start shots that day. I'm going to try to start the shots at a time that hubby will be around to give them because when I give them I end up with an almost black bruise that's 1"-2" big. If I have to do that to myself 7-10 times I'm gonna look like a battlefield. For some reason when hubby gives them I don't bruise, our doc says its because I hesitate. I'm not sure how I feel about the fact that hubby can jab me without hesitating.
And so the crazy begins. Every cycle we TTC I say, I'm just gonna relax, do what the doc says and try not to think about it until AF is due again. Instead I end up a hormonal hot mess who reads too much into every twinge. So this time Im taking a cue from one of you and I'm allowing myself 30 minutes of crazy a day. It's my allotted time to scour the Internet for hopeful tidbits, feel myself up too see if my boobs are unusually achy, sketch nursery ideas, etc. I know it's crazily optimistic but I couldn't help myself, today's allotted crazy time was spent by going online to a due date calculator and if this cycle works our baby is due on hubby's birthday :-)
With everthing that has gone right for us lately I'm really hopeful that after reloading our emotional and financial tanks with a break from TTC and a new protocol that we'll get our baby with this try.

No comments:

Post a Comment