Saturday, June 25, 2011

Shopping Therapy

DH, bless his heart, is not good at picking out gifts.  A couple years into our relationship I had to explain to him that if you could get it at the gas station or Walgreens it probably isn't right for me.  Now we have a process that works well for both of us.  I give him a list of 5 - 10 things (complete with size, color, where to get and usually a picture) and send him on his way.  It works well for both of us.
This year I messed up the system.  I forgot to give him the list.  He'd been mentioning it, I just never got around to figuring out what I wanted.  So instead we went shopping together, which he really doesn't care for because it usually ends up costing him a lot more than when I just give him the list. By the time we left I got this insane pair of Michael Kors braided t-strap pumps, some Puma sneakers and this great DVF oversized tote.  It makes me happy, I love spending the day with my husband and not have to think about any of the stressers in our life.  We just laughed and joked around, ate greasy mall food and made out like teenagers.  It was wonderful.  So wonderful I'm having a few re-entry problems with reality.  Work is crazy right now, so crazy that I really need to go into the office this weekend but that hasn't happened yet & my house needs a little attention too.  I have this theory that, much like preacher's kids usually behave the worst, interior designers have the worst homes.  I think by the time I get home I just don't want to focus on picking furniture or accessories.
I need to get my act together, maybe I'll do that tomorrow because it doesn't look like it's going to happen today.

No comments:

Post a Comment