Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Iced Coffee and other Great Stuff

I live in the south where summers are ridiculous and seem to go on forever.  The average summer is two months longer than the Midwest summers I was used to growing up.  They are also relentless.  Up north we'd enjoy the random cool day, not here.  They go on forever here and there is no break.  Thru all this I still drink hot coffee.  I like a stout cup of coffee.  Iced coffee waters it down which I hate.  It randomly occurred to me the other day to get some old fashioned ice cube trays and freeze coffee ice cubes.  I'm in love.  Every night I make a pot of coffee and let it cool for a little while. Then I pour some into a tumbler and put it in the fridge so it's cool in the morning.  Whatever's left in the carafe gets poured into the ice cube tray.  In the morning I add cream, a little caramel syrup and some coffee cubes and head out.  I'm in love.  Starbucks ain't got nothin' on me.

Proof that my luck is finally changing, I'm finally getting a raise.
Further proof, I'm getting an ipad.
BFP to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment