Saturday, January 29, 2011

Symptom Shopping

I've reached 8dpo and my least favorite part of the 2ww, the part where my brain starts giving me early pregnancy symptoms.  So far I've got fatigue, naseau, metal mouth, achy boobs and a headache.  I think if I were to read about another common symptom I'd have it within hours.  One cycle I read a post about a woman who can always tell she's pg because she gets a cold sore.  I was 3 dpo when I read that and at 5 dpo I had a cold sore and was convinced we were pregnant (we weren't).  It's so cruel that we have to wait and try not to obsess (yeah right) for two weeks.
On another note, I just read an article about a high school in Memphis with 90 pregnant students.  How frustrating, those babies are not equipped with the skills, resources or maturity to raise children.  DH and I started trying over two years ago and God blesses 90 teenagers in one school but not us.  I hate reading stuff like this, I know I can't try to rationalize why them and not us, it's a trip down a rabbit hole that I really don't need to be in but how can you help not to think about it when you read crap like that.  Ironically, I was reading to try to get my brain off the 2ww.
More later...

1 comment:

  1. I just wanted to wish you good luck. All those symptoms could be the trigger too. Best of luck with testing!

    ReplyDelete