Sunday, March 3, 2013

It takes a village to get us a baby

A few days after we found out our baby had died I left a message with my fertility doctor's nurse telling her what had happened and that my ob would send over her notes when they were available.  Ididn't  think much of it at the time and was really shocked when my fertility doctor called me personally Friday to both tell me how sorry he was and discuss what comes next.  He wants me to come in after my body has had a little time to reset my hormones and get a blood test to rule out a clotting disorder.  If I test positive it could explain how we lost the baby, its apparently fairly unusual to lose a baby after you have a strong heartbeat.  If we can find an explanation our decision to try again gets a lot easier. Mid I test positive it means daily heparin injections but at this point I'm so used to shots I don't think that's a big deal.
We meet with our ob on Thursday then I'm going out of town with some friends for a much needed girls weekend but hopefully our decision about what's next will be made in the next couple weeks and we can start moving forward.

1 comment: