Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Answers are important

On tax day I go to my RE for blood work to get tested for various blood clotting disorders.  I've been doing a little Internet research and I'm really curious what the tests are going to show.  Some of the personal stories sound a lot like ours.  My ob has warned me not to get my hopes up on finding an answer to why this happened to us, that you only find out about half the time but an answer would make our decision on what's next a lot easier.
Regardless of how these tests turn out I more and more find myself thinking about our next transfer but hubby is very much on the fence. It's hard for him to watch me physically and emotionally on top of dealing with his own grief.  We've been trying to get pregnant for over four years now, he's watched me torture myself with tests and procedures to make this happen and when we finally get pregnant we make it all the way to 13 weeks only to have it just go away.  Not to mention I had some kind of reaction to the anesthesia which almost incapacitated me for two days and left me with severe muscle weakness and stiffness.
I've never hoped I had a disorder before but if we test positive for one or more of these blood clotting disorders there's medication to counter it and our decision and odds of actually bringing home a baby get so much better.
Any prayers you want to send our way while we wait for answers are, as always, appreciated.

1 comment: