Saturday, October 13, 2012

This would be funny if it wasn't sad

We got a call from the clinic we are using Friday.  My nightmare scenario is coming true.  They want me to have the polyp I have removed.  I called my RE's office to see if they can do it, they will but they don't do it in their office, they do it under conscious sedation in the surgery center downstairs.  This means that it becomes part of our $2,500 deductible not a copay.  Hubby and I talked briefly about waiting until the first of the year so then, if we got pregnant quickly the delivery would come from the same deductible as the surgery but the fees for this clinic are going up another $2,700 at the first of the year so it won't save us any money.  So now I need to have a long talk with their care coordinator and basically get a commitment from them to pay this years rate if I'm ready to match by the end of the year.  I think dh would come unglued if we busted our ass to get all this testing done, rush to get this polyp removed then not get matched until January and have to pay the increased fee.  If he doesn't agree to that we are going to have to wait because we don't have an extra $5,00 which is what both the surgery and the rate increase will cost.
More than anything I feel like this is just adding insult to injury.  I mean, haven't we been thru enough?

No comments:

Post a Comment