Saturday, October 27, 2012

Polyp free and ready to roll

I had my polypectomy yesterday and its been a relatively pain free experience.  I showed up at the surgery center and signed so many forms I could have gotten a mortgage, put on a fabulous surgical gown, complete with hairnets and socks with non-skid pads and got grilled repeatedly about what I had to eat last and when, seriously, I must have been asked by at least six people.  Our doctor stopped by, explained everything to us, asked some questions about the clinic we are using (we haven't seen him since we chose to pursue EA/DE) and was on his way.  I got wheeled back to the operating room, was given something to relax me and the next thing I know I'm in recovery with the worst case of cotton mouth I've ever had.  I was in and out for a while, I vaguely remember my husband coming and siting with me, I think the nurses filled him in on everything, gave him discharge instructions and let him hang out while I woke up.  They gave me a pain pill for the cramping and once I was able to dress myself and pee they let us go home.  I spent most of the afternoon sleeping off the anesthesia, had some family stop by with dinner and went back to bed.
The worst part about the whole thing is how achy my lungs are from the breathing tube,  I feel like I spent yesterday chain smoking.  I can't walk faster than a stroll without having to stop and catch my breath.  We walked thru an art festival downtown today and dh was constantly having to stop so I could sit and catch my breath.  By the time we got home I was beat, we ended up on the couch with me taking a two hour nap.  All in all its been a pretty painless (but expensive) detour.
Now we wait to match.  We've figured out that matching happens at the end of the month so there's a slim chance we will actually match next week which would mean a transfer the first or second week of December.  I'm gonna be bummed if it doesn't happen right away but realistically I think it might be a couple months to match.  Either way there's a great chance that this time next year we could have a baby (or two) at home!  We've been in touch with some other ladies using CC and to date 8 women have had transfers, 7 got pregnant and of those 7 unfortunatly one had a miscarriage, but regardless those are some impressive numbers!  Most of these women were on their first try which for me means knowing that the program has a built in back up plan for a bfn or loss and will take so much of the pressure off.

No comments:

Post a Comment