Tuesday, May 17, 2011

A Cleansing Breath

DH and I are taking some time off to recuperate and it's been lovely.  Our lives aren't revolving around my ovulatory cycle.  We haven't once talked about boob tenderness, shots, vaginal ultrasounds or estrogen levels, I forgot what it was like to ignore my body and I'm loving it.  I can tell my body is about to ovulate and for about a minute I got a little panic stricken thinking 'maybe this was the perfect egg for our baby' but pretty quickly realized that's just my biological clock screaming at me.  Luckily, that stupid clock is pretty hard to hear after a good dirty martini.
We bought a TV last weekend which made DH happy.  We are the proud owners of a 46" LED TV.  Every time I walk into the living room I say 'that's a big assed tv'.  DH just laughs and smiles.  Needless to say, he's barely left the couch this week.
We've also been talking about getting a dog.  Because we live in a condo there is a weight limit to what we can get.  I LOVE big dogs.  My dream dog is a Great Dane or Saint Bernard but that's not an option right now.  Instead, I'm thinking about a bulldog.  My only concern is finding one that isn't a drooler.  I couldn't handle that, neither could my wall-to-wall carpet.  We obviously have a lot of love to give and I think a dog may be the perfect addition to our family.
Manhattan Cryobank still hasn't resolved our low count vial.  It's been over two weeks now.  I called to check in on them last Friday (two weeks after the first call) and tried to find out what was going on.  The woman who answered try to tell me what the typical process is for this and didn't respond well when I interrupted her to tell her that was explained to me when I called two weeks ago, I was calling to find out what was going on with my situation.  She seemed put out and told me she'd have to pull my chart and send me an email.  I didn't get that email until Monday and apparently they haven't gotten their form faxed back from my doctor's office yet.  It's so weird to me that the this process has been so aggravating, they were so helpful and went out of their way to make sure I had what I needed when we were setting up the delivery.  I wasn't expecting this to be such a hassle.  I don't know why this surprises me, everything else about this TTC journey has been a hassle.
For now I'm going to enjoy my non-ttc life, relax and take a few cleansing breaths.

No comments:

Post a Comment