Saturday, June 16, 2012

One Way Or Another

After a little baby makin vaca we're back. Sometime in the next cycle or two we're gonna try one more IUI with super-ovulation. If this one doesn't work we're moving on. We'll either do IVF or adoption. Not sure how we'll find the money but we'll make it work. I want to carry our child, I lost a little boy prematurely and felt like I failed as a woman. I want to carry a baby to term, I want the experience but we can't keep doing this indefinitely. DH has such a good heart and didn't hesitate when I brought the idea of using donor sperm, he will love our child with his whole heart, regardless of biology. If we ultimately decide to move ahead with adoption I know I'll love him or her like I would a child I carried, it's not about that, the biology of it is a non-issue to me. It's the experience. I've been fascinated by pregnancy since I learned where babies came from. The idea that you can grow another human being inside you is simply amazing. More than all that I want to be a mom. Add into that how exhausted we both are of this whole process I think this next iui will be out last. We'll either adopt or move onto IVF. But for now, we'll probably start shots again in a few weeks and gear up for one more try.

No comments:

Post a Comment