Monday, January 2, 2012

Allow me to get on my soapbox for a minute

I know you all have heard me rant about this before but seriously, where are all the black sperm donors? We're looking for a new donor at our RE's request. Our only guidelines are that they be black and anonymous, we are not interested in contact down the road, hubby will be this little ones dad, period. I've been all over the Internet again and I've found 11 donors that meet both our requirements. No that's not a typo, I found 11. Hubby wants him to be at least 6' tall so that's probably going to eliminate about half of them so I guess choosing will be easy (silver lining). The other thing I noticed was there's such a dramatic difference in price. They range from $440 to $800 for one vial plus shipping. They all seem to have the same guarantee so I've agreed to get long profiles of my top three and let hubby choose from there without me telling him the cost, he wants to make an unbiased choice. The goal is to be ready next cycle, we'll see if we can get this taken care of by then, I've got about 3 or 4 weeks. But really, we have maybe 5 options, does that sound right? I pray we don't end up feeling like we are picking from the best of what's available, I want us to love the profile we pick, I think we deserve that. Ok, I'm off my soapbox now.

I was going to get on here and blog about the lovely job hubby did picking Christmas presents. We did our late Christmas on New Years this year and he did great. Instead, I'm so annoyed by this I'm going to have to put that off till next time....

I hope you all had a lovely new years, more later

No comments:

Post a Comment