Thursday, September 20, 2012

Here We Go

There are so many things to get done to get to the point of being matched.  We have to:

Have a phone consult with their coordinator (done)
Fill out a medical history form (done)
Have a phone consult with one of their doctors (done)
Request our records from our RE for them to review (on their way)
Get several labs run (doing that tomorrow)
Get an annual exam (scheduled for the week after next)
Get a mammogram (obgyn will order it at my annual exam)
Meet with a therapist who specializes in infertility (calling tomorrow to set up)

I might also have to have some tests redone since its been more than a year but I'm waiting for them to get my records and review them to tell me for sure what I'll need (hopefully nothing).

In the mean time I started my period today, I called their coordinator to report it (at their request) and I'm to start taking birth control pills on Saturday.  I know it sounds weird to think someone trying to get pregnant starts by taking the pill but they want to be able to control your cycle so it syncs up with the donor in case you get a fresh transfer.

So, we are well on our way.  As long as none of the testing I need shows anything to be worried about we should be able to match by the end of the year!

No comments:

Post a Comment