Friday, September 14, 2012

Forward Motion

We had our phone consult this week, I took all kinds of notes, even recorded most of it (put iPhone on speaker and use iPad to record with voice memo app) I'm trying real hard to just roll with this and let it play out how it's going to play out but seriously, I'm a control freak.  Here's what I learned though:  next step is to have a phone consult with one of their doctors, that's scheduled for Monday, we also have to meet with a therapist specializing in infertility to make sure we understand the complexities.  I also need a bunch of tests, current annual exam and mammogram, fun for me...

Their stats: for FET 50% twin rate, 50% pregnancy rate per cycle, for fresh transfer 50% twin rate, 65% - 85% pregnancy rate.  A-mazing!!!

The thing that has me most stressed is the timeline, traveling with a 'window of time, especially with fresh transfers makes me uncomfortable.  My company works from 'the cloud' so with a laptop i can work anywhere with a wifi signal but hubby cant do that so he may not be able to come with me.  Then hubby and I started doing the math and the program fee ($9,800) is just the start.  I figure there's probably 2 lining checks, approx $200 each, meds which they quoted at $800 - $1,000 each and travel & hotel expenses, which I'm ball parking at $1,000. So, the program fee covers up to three tries, if we need all three (please no!) add another   $2,000 to $2,500 per cycle which totals $7,500!  I think hubs had a small stroke.

Hopefully this will work on the first try and we can FINALLY get our bfp!

1 comment:

  1. I know the costs seem high...but compare it to an IVF cycle alone ($12-15k +$3k for meds) or IVF cycle with egg donor ($~$30k total)...and this is a great deal..plus...awesome stats. Believe me....when you are holding that baby in your arms...you won't give a rat's patootie about the cost. Good luck....
    kd (Genoah on BBC)

    ReplyDelete