Thursday, August 2, 2012

I'll take 'people who aren't pregnant' for $2,000 Alex

Well I guess convincing myself we weren't pregnant helped buffer the disappointment because I made it thru the day without having to run in the bathroom and cry at work.  I was able to compartmentalize my feelings and enjoy a nice anniversary dinner with my husband.  We talked about the disappointments (all of them) and what plan 'B' (really plan 'M' but who's counting) is going to be.  This isn't working.  We just had our 5th or 6th iui and that was after countless tries at home.  It's been 3 1/2 years. I've given him 3 choices: IVF, adoption, or giving up.   I presented them pretty equally with all their pros and cons, I asked him to spend a couple days thinking about it.  We'll talk after he marinates on it a couple days.
In the mean time I'm going to enjoy a much deserved cocktail, because I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment