Monday, August 20, 2012

Crying at the movies

I'm not a super emotional (outwardly) girl, well, unless I'm hopped up on fertility drugs but that's another story.  But that didn't stop me from crying my way thru The Odd Life of Timothy Green this weekend.  Hubby picked the movie (not sure what he was thinking) and I spent most of it, especially the end, trying to hide the fact that I was sitting there losing my shit while he enjoyed the movie.
The good thing about seeing a movie you can relate to is you feel less alone.  The bad thing is it brings it all front and center.  I spent the movie coming to terms with the idea that maybe our family won't be completed by me but a kind, giving person who honors us with the task of raising their child as our own.
So, if you're struggling with completing your family you may want to wait on seeing this till it comes out of video, or bring a lot of tissues.

2 comments:

  1. I just wanted to say that I'm sorry it didn't work out and that I'm still here keeping an eye on you. I pray that your path will come to you soon because you certainly deserve it and have been waiting long enough for it. xo

    ReplyDelete