Monday, March 28, 2011

Who knows...

Yesterday we went from the high of 3 great looking follies to the disappointment of bad blood work.  This morning we went in to repeat the blood work.  I spent all kinds of time yesterday scouring the internet and all I learned is you can find something on the internet that supports any crazy assed thought/dream/hope you want.  Basically it comes down to this.  Femara, which I took from CD 3-7, is an estrogen suppressant.  There is some stuff on the internet about Femara masking estrogen and the blood work not being an accurate representation of what's going on. The second thing that gives me hope is my lining thickness, it's at 8.7 (that's good).  The lining  develops from estrogen, no estrogen = thin lining. Last night I decided that if my estrogen went up today, we'd go ahead with the IUI.
We went in at 7:30 this morning for blood work and the nurse didn't call until 1:15 - I was FREAKING OUT! She tells me it went up, yesterday it was 126, today it's 162.  She's confident there is one good follicle in there.  I explained to her that the two she thinks are cysts based on their last ultrasound is actually and ultrasound from two cycles ago.  I went on to explain to her that the ones she says are the same size as back then can't be possible (this month the two she's referring to are on the same side, this cycle they are on different sides).  So now she thinks one of the 20+ size ones is the active one, which is good.
So basically we can do the IUI tomorrow or wait till next cycle, it's up to us.  They have one follicle IUI's all the time that result in pregnancies but she gets how much we are spending on this and would understand if we wanted to wait for better results.  Damn I wish they'd just tell us what to do...
After talking to her and questioning her for a while we decided to go in tomorrow morning for another ultrasound and see if any other them have grown since Sunday and decide from there if we are going to go ahead with the IUI.  I went ahead and gave myself the trigger shot in case we decide to do the IUI.  So, if we bail on this cycle we are out $250 for the first ultrasound, $140 for two rounds of blood work, $150 for the second ultrasound and $120 for the trigger shot & femara. That's $660.  But, if we move ahead and it doesn't work we're out $520 for donor sperm, $278 for the cryolab and $200 for the IUI.  That's an additional $998.
So, I guess we'll see how things look tomorrow and decide from there.  We just need to decide ahead of time what will make us want to move ahead and what will make us cancel the cycle so we don't spend 3 hours agonizing over what to do.
I'll let you know tomorrow what we decide to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment