Saturday, March 19, 2011

What the hell?

DH and I have been trying to get pregnant for over two years now.  I've tracked my cycles, recorded my temps, checked my cervical fluid (don't ask), eaten my weight in pineapple, pumped myself full of hormones and done countless other things to help this process along.  I'm even considering buying a CD full of meditation/ visualization techniques for fertility (if you knew me, you'd know that's not my style).  I thought I had this process down, I thought I knew my body.  In response to all this confidence my body has decided to reward me with a curve ball.  This month my body decided to treat me with an 18 day cycle.  Seriously, I've had short cycles before but this borders on ridiculous.  I thought we had another week or two before we got back on the roller coaster.  I was enjoying the break from the madness that comes with ttc.

I'm beginning to think my body did this so I could do more than cheer my virtual ttc family along.  There's a group of us that met online because we were all using the same sperm bank (the one that is currently 'reorganizing').  We've become our own little support system.  We've cheered each other on thru a lot of crap, especially all the drama at the sperm bank.  I would have been certifiable without them during that.  So, most months there were maybe 20 women trying and only 2 or 3 would get the cherished bfp.  Last month almost half my girls got their bfp's.  Because of that we decided to keep the thread going. Since I had to skip a cycle while we waited to meet with our doctor I was excited to cheer my girls along and watch the bfp's roll in.  Since AF has decided to show up super early it looks like I won't be sitting out after all.  If things progress like they usually do I'll probably be having my IUI sometime around the 29th or 30th.

DH, on the other hand, is ecstatic that we're at it again.  We went grocery shopping this morning and strolled past a man pushing twins in a stroller.  I've known this man for a decade and seeing him react to those twins shocked me.  I realized he's actually hoping we'll get pregnant with twins.  I think he's more excited about that than he is about giving me shots (which is saying something because he's pretty excited about the shots).

1 comment:

  1. Maybe our bodies are trying to tell us something, with your 18 day cycle and my 21 day cycle last month; I was actually relieved (and bummed at the same time) to not have to have a TWW only to have it end in a BFN but then a few days later, actually about a week exactly, I got AF and got to start all over again! WTH?? So maybe they're staying, "You ARE ready, this IS the time; do it...NOW!"

    ReplyDelete