Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Just marking time

We go to our ob a week from today to get another look at out little kumquat (by then she'll be a fig). I feel like its been forever since we've seen him or her.  Not a whole lot has changed, my symptoms still come and go, I'm still bloated and tired, and my butt is still sore from the shots.  We have 13 shots left, then we'll be 12 weeks and I suppose I can exhale a little.  Because of my age and having lost a child to premature birth I don't think I'll ever really relax but I do want to enjoy this pregnancy and not spend the whole time worried.  I've started a private Pinterest board for nursery ideas and I bought my fist pair of maternity jeans since I've outgrown a lot of my pre-pregnancy clothes thanks to all the bloat.  Hubby and I have started talking about names, we've had our girl name for a while but can't find a boy name we both love.
Funny story... I got nauseous on the way to work so I pulled over.  It didnt pass so I opened my door to puke.  Apparently a cop saw me do this and stopped.  I tried to explain to the man (at 6:45 in the morning!) that I wasn't drunk, just pregnant but since I'm not really showing yet he didnt believe me and wouldn't let me leave until he breathalyzed me. I guess when your day starts like that its all uphill from there.

1 comment:

  1. Seriously? A cop made you take a breathalizer? For morning sickness? OH my. You poor thing. but that is really funny. Excited to hear about your appt next week. Yay for being so close to 12 weeks. It is a good milestone...especially the part where you get to stop the shots!
    kd

    ReplyDelete