Friday, March 1, 2013

One week down

A week ago today we had the surgery to remove our baby after he or she lost their heartbeat.  I was so used to having the baby with me, inside me, feeling that tugging and pulling of my stretching uterus, of new life.  I feel so empty now, alone.  I still can't talk about it, every time I try to discuss it with someone close to me I start crying.  Hubby has been wonderful, this whole experience has reaffirmed that I married the right person but my heart is broken.  I am grieving for this baby.  Another baby isn't going to change that but I'm learning that this grief doesn't extinguish my desire to be a mom.
We have a post op appointment with my ob next week and we are going to ask for some brutally honest answers to questions about this pregnancy and its end. Depending on her answers I'm slowly beginning to open my mind to trying again

No comments:

Post a Comment